Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Future

I can't even begin to count the number of times I sit around thinking of the future. When will my debts be paid off? When will I get to buy a house? Where will the house be? When should I have children? What if I wait too long to have kids? Is this the job I'm going to have for a long time? What does my future hold for me?

I'm sure most people have had thoughts along the same lines. I keep having the same thoughts run through my mind over and over again. The money questions come when the checkbook is showing a smaller number than I want. The kid questions come whenever someone asks me when are Jon and I going to have kids or when I see a baby or a pregnant woman. The job questions come usually on Mondays or when I'm working on something particularly boring.

The uncertainty of the future can be overwhelming, but then I think, if I knew everything, where would the excitement be?

I'm a planner. Always has been, always will be. I like to know the what, when, and where of a vacation. I like to know when my debts will be paid off if I stick to a certain payment plan. I like to know when things are going to happen or what I will be doing. I don't plan every second, minute, or hour of my day, but I like to have a general idea; however, I am open to spontaneity.

The purpose of starting this blog is for me to write out my dreams, worries, and ideas, keeping in mind that you never know when God's going to throw you a curve ball and change the outcome of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment