Monday, September 21, 2009

What To Do, Oh, What To Do?

Today I returned to work after a week long vacation in beautiful Banff, Alberta. The vacation was wonderful! Camping, hiking, sightseeing, and just enjoying time with my husband. It was a great trip. However, like most vacations, the time came that it was over and I had to return to work.

Today is my first day back after vacation, and I'm already bored. I got caught up on emails and social websites. Still bored. I have things I'm working on, but I find myself getting completely bored with it. I started thinking yet again about finding a different job. My work doesn't interest me. I find myself getting bored with it. Plus I feel under utilized and under paid. I'm not a CPA, but I have an accounting degree, and I feel that my job is a step down from a degree, something I could have done as a freshman in college.

I've run into this small wall over and over again. Maybe this time I should climb up, survey my options, and look for a new job to jump into. I know I'm not happy here, but I know Jon wouldn't be too pleased about me getting a new job, mostly because we plan to start trying for a family soon and my supervisor already told me I can work part time for her. Jon wants me to stick it out, gain experience for a while, and then after a while go for a different job. But he wants me here until our kids are all born. I understand the wisdom in that, but at the same time, I don't like it here.

What to do, oh, what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment